Monday, March 11, 2013

Welcome and Hello!

Welcome to my blog! A little about me...I teach first grade in North Carolina through Teach for America. It's been a whirlwind of change for me over the past two years, but one thing has stayed the same. Since I first stepped foot in the classroom, I have loved teaching. It amazes me how much you can change a child's life in just one day. Think about the impact you can have in a year. 

But of course, I'm not just a teacher. It's so important to have a life outside your job, because teaching can consume you. It can become all you talk about, all you think about, and even what you dream about. I'm a crafter, a friend, a reader, a Doctor Who obsessor, a girlfriend...and a teacher.

These posts will include resources for teaching and stories from my classroom, but they will also include the happy moments outside school,  like exploring North Carolina, crafting up a scrapbook, or hanging out with my teaching friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment