Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Suess-tacular!

Read Across America takes place in March, so our school decided to make a month of it. Parents and family members came to read on Fridays, I dressed up like the Cat in the Hat and my friends were Thing 1 and 2, and of course--we had a Door Decorating contest.

Now, my friend strung up yarn across her door and hung socks for Fox in Socks. Another one of my friends used pictures of her kids with Cat-in-the-Hat hats. Someone else recreated the cover of One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish. And another friend used tissue paper to make truffula trees for her Lorax class door.

Me? I stuck with Oh, The Places You'll Go. My students loved the read-aloud and had so much fun telling me all the things they wanted to be when they grew up. I copied from Pinterest and recreated the cover of the book on my own, then had my kids write their dreams on thought bubbles, which I attached to hot-air balloons (colored by students). I figured I'd leave it up all year, considering we only have 62 days until June 10. But since paper and matches can cause fires and my door is apparently very flammable, we had to take down all our doors today due to a fire inspection. So here, for your viewing pleasure, is my door. RIP Hard Work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment